Skip to main content

Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 - A Perfect Travel Camera and for Capturing Memories

The Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 is a popular camera that has captured the hearts of many photography enthusiasts around the world. It's a compact camera that allows you to instantly print out your pictures and comes with a variety of accessories to help you get started right away. In this article, we will explore the features of the Fujifilm Instax Mini 12, its dimensions, and the accessories that come with it.    Features of the Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 The Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 is a great camera for capturing memories on the go. It is small and lightweight, weighing only 10.9 ounces, and measuring 4.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches. This makes it easy to take with you anywhere you go. One of the unique features of the Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 is its automatic exposure control. This feature helps you get the perfect exposure every time, no matter what the lighting conditions are. The camera also has a mode for taking close-up shots, which is perfect for capturing small details. The camera has a

PC Monitor "review": My Samsung SyncMaster 793s

In a world of Plasmas, LCDs, “extreme slims” and even what a friend informed me is a “TV-cum-computer” in the market now, my bulky, trusty, old, battle-wearied Samsung SyncMaster 793s remains my best, unfailing and irascibly reliable friend.

No I’m not a techie but I have used other snazzy monitors but my SyncMaster -Black 17" is the one and the only workhorse I return to every hour after sashaying with the latest beauties. The latest monitors are well, quite high on the ‘fi’ department but what is more valuable than what you already have and value? I’m a sentimental fool – but a practical one!
   
Let me tell you about her. Comparing with the recent models, my Samsung SyncMaster 793s is a 17-inch CRT monitor must seem like an old coot time forgot to take along. But trust me, she doesn’t even care – she is more worried that her service might fail me! 

If there is anything out there to compare with her, maybe they’d be much better, or even the best, I say. But there is a big difference in comparison to my Samsung. Loyalty. A colleague of mine who recently upgraded his system to the LG Flatron is already having problems with the resolution. And oh joy, my beautiful, trusty SyncMaster is still running as efficiently as has been since the past more than 6 years. There.

The Samsung SyncMaster 793s
My Samsung comes with a 0.23mm horizontal dot pitch and a 30-70 kHz horizontal frequency, 50-160 Hz vertical frequency and 1280 x 1024 resolutions (maximum resolution).  I bought it in 2006 and oh boy I don’t remember having to complain about this tough old veteran since I first got it in 2005. Oh, this is year 2012 already, I forgot.

Let me introduce more of my trusty old SyncMaster to you. If you are someone with my eyes the flicker-free display is all I need for my poor eyesight (I’m virtually blind in the left eye). The Samsung’s non-glare surface treatment is any eye’s friend. I’m glad for that feature because I’m constantly on websites that offer more of the glare and blare – pictures, Facebook and the likes.
The beauty of my SyncMaster

My girl is so beautiful (mind you I’m no PC engineer and I am explaining in only the ways I perceive her qualities to be, obviously): But the best thing I like about her is this: The warranty said 3 years. Opps, my old gallant friend proved the Samsung factory pushers wrong – it’s been working unfailingly, wonderfully and efficiently for 7 years running now – fast, silent and no nagging.  

 The only time my monitor got into trouble was when some technicians from our internet service company tripped a cup of tea on it. Since then there were a number of screen issues (I believe the tea was too strong for my old friend). Aside from then I don’t remember having any problem with the worthy service my old friend continues to provide me to this day.

Did I mention that almost all my colleagues have upgraded to that leggy, curvy (or make that slim squarey) models such as the LG Flatron. No, nix, never for me – my Samsung Syncmaster is the best! 

Here are some of the qualities in my Samsung why she is such an ideal office/home work friend:
Features: 
  • Display Size: 17" (16" Viewable)
  • Resolution: 1280 x 1024 (Maximum)
  • Pixel Pitch: 0.23 mm
  • Connectivity: 15-pin D-Sub (Analog)
  • Cabinet Color(s): Black
  • Environments: PC and Mac Compatible
Warranty:
Samsung SyncMaster 793S-Black 17" CRT Monitor Warranty Information
  • Warranty Length: Three Years
  • Covers: Parts, Labor and Backlight
  • Provider: Samsung
  • Contact: By Phone: Samsung Technical Support (800) 726-7864
Manufacturer
Samsung
Manufacturer Part #
793S-BLACK
CRT
Type
shadow mask CRT  
Surface
Anti-static, multi-layer coating 
Pixel Pitch
0.23 mm 
Resolution
1280 x 1024 @ 65 Hz 
Cabinet Color
Black
Signal Input
Input Video
Signal
Analog RGB 
Frequency
Horizontal: 30-70 kHz
Vertical: 50-160 Hz 
Sync Type
Separate H/V 
Bandwidth
110 MHz 
Input Connectors
1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 
Included Signal
Cable
VGA cable 
Power
Requirements
Voltage 
AC 110/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) 
Consumption
80 Watts 
Operating
Conditions
Temperature
32 °F - 104 °F 
Humidity
10 - 80% 
Dimensions
(H x W x D)
Unit
16.1" x 15.8" x 14.9" 
Weight
Unit
30.4lbs 
As Shipped
33.7lbs 
Warranty
3 year warranty includes parts and labor.

My wonderful friend is growing old…

Sadly, even good friends are susceptible to the ravages of time. After years of unquestioning, determined and unflinching service and support, my dear old friend’s strength is starting to fall. For instance, sometimes the screen what one of my buddies calls it “pixilated” or things like some colors not showing up. The years are slowly catching up on her. New, higher-capacity, higher-fi, more advanced systems are appearing and sooner or later, I shall have to say goodbye to her.

Yet, even if I retire her, one thing I will always know in my heart: My Samsung SyncMaster 793s will always be my best, most efficient, loyal girl ever.
Did I just hear ‘man, that’s one old coot!’? Well, let me tell you this: My old coot can kick your old coot’s disk big time, anytime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 - A Perfect Travel Camera and for Capturing Memories

The Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 is a popular camera that has captured the hearts of many photography enthusiasts around the world. It's a compact camera that allows you to instantly print out your pictures and comes with a variety of accessories to help you get started right away. In this article, we will explore the features of the Fujifilm Instax Mini 12, its dimensions, and the accessories that come with it.    Features of the Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 The Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 is a great camera for capturing memories on the go. It is small and lightweight, weighing only 10.9 ounces, and measuring 4.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches. This makes it easy to take with you anywhere you go. One of the unique features of the Fujifilm Instax Mini 12 is its automatic exposure control. This feature helps you get the perfect exposure every time, no matter what the lighting conditions are. The camera also has a mode for taking close-up shots, which is perfect for capturing small details. The camera has a

Scratch The World Travel Map: Your Travel Bragging rights

Maps are more than just visual representations of our world. They can be an incredible source of inspiration, motivation, and a tool for exploration. If you are someone who loves to travel and wants to keep track of all the places you have visited, then the Scratch Off World Travel Map by Maps International is the perfect way to do it. I can almost feel tears welling up as I give that speech. But of course, it's worth it!    The Scratch Off World Travel Map is a large and beautifully detailed map of the world that allows you to scratch off the places you have been to, revealing a colorful and detailed world underneath. The map is made of high-quality laminated paper, which makes it durable and resistant to tearing. It measures 33.11 x 23.39 inches, making it the perfect size to display on your wall.    Scratch Off World Travel Map is one of the largest scratch-off maps of the world posters. It measures approximately 23 (h) x 33 (w) in. The huge world map has outlines on gold coati

Experience Unmatched Sound Quality and Noise-Canceling Capabilities with the Sony WH-1000XM5 Headphones

Are you combing the market for a high-quality pair of noise-canceling headphones that can deliver exceptional sound quality and a comfortable fit for extended listening sessions? If so, the Sony WH-1000XM5 is definitely a product you should consider. These headphones are equipped with advanced noise-canceling technology that can block out ambient noise from your surroundings, allowing you to enjoy your music or audio content without any distractions. In this article, we will take a closer look at the features and benefits of the Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones .     The Sony WH-1000XM5 in its pod. Isn't it gorgeous? Noise-Canceling Technology   The Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones are designed to provide an exceptional noise-canceling experience. They are equipped with Dual Noise Sensor technology that uses two microphones on each earcup to capture ambient noise and cancel it out with an opposing sound wave. This technology is so effective that you can even use these headphones in noisy envir